During the online conference, we will use Zoom for all conference sessions and meetings. For the best conference experience, please download Zoom Client for Meetings onto your laptop or desktop via https://zoom.us/download (note that the Web-browser or App version does not offer all functionalities, e.g., regarding the use of breakout rooms).
The program with all the conference sessions and the Zoom links can be found on https://acag-conf.org/acag7-zoom-links/ . Use the Zoom links with your Zoom account to join the meetings about 5 minutes before the start of the session (10 minutes for presenters). Our recommendation is to turn on your webcam by default to engage more with other participants and to contribute to a more lively conference experience. When presenting or asking questions, we definitely ask you to turn on your webcam.
How to join a session
- View the Programme page https://acag-conf.org/acag7-zoom-links/ and find the session you are interested in. You will be provided with the required credentials before the conference starts.
- Click the link in the conference programme to join the meeting.
- If you are joining the Session before the host has started the meeting, please wait in the lobby until the host starts the Session.
Information for participants
We are happy to welcome you as a participant at the ACAG-7 Hybrid conference! Besides the participants, every session is composed of presenters, a Session Chair, and a technical moderator (Host).
- Host: This person facilitates the use of the technology and could be the same person as the Session Chair in some sessions. (NAME: Host * or Chair *).
- Session Chair: This person is present to coordinate the session and manage Q&A. (NAME: Chair *).
Basic session structure:
- 15 minutes before the Session: The host will start the designated Zoom meeting.
- 2 minutes before the Session: The host will start the recording.
- 1 minute before the Session: The Session Chair introduces the session.
- Beginning of the Session: At the beginning of the session, the Session Chair will welcome you and introduce the first presenter. The talk will be presented using the video recording submitted by the presenter.
- Maximum time limit for presentation and Q&A: 3 minutes.
How to ask questions
- Q&A Session
Following the presentation there is a short Q&A session. At the end of the talk, the Session Chair will select and ask the presenter to answer some of the questions in sequence they were submitted and within the allotted Q&A period and will try to cover as many questions as possible depending on the allotted time.
Information for presenters
We are happy to welcome you as a presenter at the ACAG-7 Hybrid conference! Next to the presenters, every session has a Session Chair and a technical moderator (Host) as panelist. The Session Chair’s task is to introduce you (briefly; mainly your name, institute/university and country), to lead the discussions, to give turns, keep an eye on the chat and he/she is responsible for timekeeping. So, you can concentrate on the content and on answering questions. Regarding the webcam, make sure you enabled it upon entry, during your presentation, and when you are answering questions; during the presentations of others, you can disable it.
Ultimately 15 minutes before the session, the technical moderator will start the designated Zoom meeting. As a presenter, you need to join the session 10 minutes before the scheduled start . Participants start joining the meeting from 5 minutes before the session onwards.
At the beginning of the session, the Session Chair will welcome you and introduce the first presenter. The talk will be presented using the video recording submitted by the presenter. Maximum time limit for presentation and Q&A: 3 minutes.
When the session is scheduled to end, please announce that it is time to wrap up the session. Thank everyone for his or her contribution as a presenter or attendee.